These are just some of the exciting guided tours you could do with Rent A Rod!
A scenic adventure, there are excellent trails to be followed with endless fishing spots. Traveling light and compact, soft plastics and hard bodies are used to entice mangrove jack out of their holes and spark the interest of a passing mulloway. The trip can be planed to suit every anglers need, that being time, distance and types of fishing. The walking tracks can be followed in their entirety to end up at Currimundi Lake, which is a fantastic place to start or end your trip. The majority of the gear will also be carried for you to ensure maximum fishing time!
This guided trip is perfect for/includes:
- Anglers looking to move into soft plastics and hard bodies and is a great place to try different types of lures.
- Anglers looking to target mangrove jack, flathead and bream and learning the movements and characteristics of these fish
- Learning creek/river fishing techniques
- Anglers looking for a real stalking/hunting experience
- Abundance of wildlife and fauna
This beach fishing trip can include both rock and beach fishing. Again all trips can focus on the anglers needs. A popular place for families and children it is a beautiful spot to set up for the day. This type of setup and day out can be enjoyed anywhere along the coast providing endless beautiful beaches.
The following aspects can be worked into the day:
- Children focused day: With children’s beach and spin rods available and perfect bread and butter fishing on offer (whiting/bream/dart) Oliver can spend the day teaching and coaching them the basics giving mum and dad some quality relaxation time.
- Rock fishing can be attempted with direct access to the beach, it has the best of both worlds. Perfect for anglers interested in getting experience with metals and heavier lures. Whiting, flathead and bream are also prevalent in this area.
- Surf gear knowledge and techniques including heavy gear setup (for targeting monster mulloway).
- Game fish including tailor and mulloway are prevalent here you can learn the specific techniques to land these dream fish including using gang hooks and pilchards and fresh squid.
- Bait gathering techniques including catching worms and using a yabbie pump.
- Night options available with prize fish often being caught during this time
Bulcock Beach, Caloundra
This tour offers one of the biggest ranges of fish species. It is a prime location to catch flathead on the outgoing tide while mulloway, bream, queenfish, perch are all frequently caught here. A popular setup involves using set lines on rod holders to target the bigger species, while waiting the shoreline can be fished with soft plastics and hard bodies to target the big flathead on offer. The centrally located and family friendly environment makes it a perfect family day out or alternatively attracts serious anglers. Night options are also available.
The day can involve the following:
- Various techniques including spinning and set baits.
- Learning the movements and characteristics of particularly flathead as they demonstrate classic flathead behavior in this area.
- The boardwalk can also be fished directly next to the beach. The councils installment of fishing friendly apparatus including rod holders, hoses, bait cutting boards and benches makes it a very comfortable spot to fish.